Water Damage Services
When you have flooding in your home due to broken pipes or water gushing in from a heavy storm, immediate action is needed. At FIX of Utah, we specialize in providing water damage restoration in Salt Lake City. We’ll quickly remove the water from your home and stop the spread of damage from occurring.
If you have a flood, wet carpets, walls and furniture are just the beginning. Without proper water removal, your floors will warp, walls will be damaged, carpets can be stained, mold and mildew ill crop up everywhere and valuable objects could be permanently damaged.
Our team is skilled in quickly drying your entire structure using state-of-the-art equipment. We are able to find moisture in hidden spots that may not be recognizable, and stop mildew and mold before they are able to grow
Immediate Steps to Take if Your Home Is Flooding
When you have a water emergency, give us a call and we’ll get a crew out to your place promptly. There are a few things you can do in the meantime to help prevent damage from occurring:
- If it’s possible, stop the water. Turn off the water main or water source to stop flooding.
- Shut off the electricity before removing small electrical devices from the flooded area.
- Try not to walk on the carpets, or avoid it as much as possible.
- Remove small furniture from the area or place aluminum foil under the legs to prevent staining of the wet carpets below.
- Be sure to pin up or hang any curtains or drapes away from wet floors and walls.
- Take any moisture-sensitive or highly valuable items out of the area.
- Do not attempt to vacuum—this is extremely dangerous and could lead to electric shock.
- Don’t turn on any fans, as this could spread contamination, especially if the situation is sewage related.
- Remove any objects such as potted plants, boxes and shoes, which could stain the carpet.
Water flooding is never something you plan for. It can be devastating and overwhelming to have a house full of water. FIX of Utah will reply quickly to your emergency, getting to your place within the hour so we can prevent major damage from occurring. Customer satisfaction is our goal, and we do everything we can to make your home a home again.
Give FIX of Utah a call today for emergency water-removal services or to receive a quote.